Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Song Association

LOVE/LOSS:

Country Mile by Camera Obscura:

Country Mile - Camera Obscura

Silver birch against a Swedish sky
The singer in the band made me want to cry
We're all inside our own heads now
We are leaving new friends
Leaving this town
I wish you could be here with me
I would show you off like a trophy
The road it winds, it twists, it turns, now my stomach burns

Once again, I'll be the foolish one
Thinking a blink of these lashes would make you come
Don't you worry, don't get in a state
I don't believe in true love anyway
Who's being pessimistic now
I could document this as our first and our last row
The more you look forlorn, the more to you I warm

I won't be seeing you for a long while
I hope it's not as long as these country miles
I feel lost


TIME:

Time to Pretend by MGMT

Time To Pretend - MGMT

I'm feelin' rough, I'm feelin' raw, I'm in the prime of my life
Let's make some music, make some money, find some models for wives
I'll move to Paris, shoot some heroin and f*** with the stars
You man the island and the cocaine and the elegant cars

This is our decision to live fast and die young
We've got the vision, now let's have some fun
Yeah it's overwhelming, but what else can we do?
Get jobs in offices and wake up for the morning commute?

Forget about our mothers and our friends
We're fated to pretend.
To pretend
We're fated to pretend.
To pretend

I'll miss the playgrounds and the animals and digging up worms
I'll miss the comfort of my mother and the weight of the world.
I'll miss my sister, miss my father, miss my dog and my home.
Yeah I'll miss the boredom and the freedom and the time spent alone.

But there is really nothing, nothing we can do
Love must be forgotten, life can always start up anew.
The models will have children, we'll get a divorce,
We'll find some more models, everything must run its course.

We'll choke on our vomit and that will be the end
We were fated to pretend


NOSTALGIA:

Postcards from Italy by Beirut:

Postcards from Italy - Beirut

The times we had
Oh, when the wind would blow with rain and snow
Were not all bad
We put our feet just where they had, had to go
Never to go

The shattered soul
Following close but nearly twice as slow
In my good times
There were always golden rocks to throw
at those who, those who admit defeat too late
Those were our times, those were our times

And I will love to see that day
That day is mine
When she will marry me outside with the willow trees
And play the songs we made
They made me so
And I would love to see that day
Her day was mine

No comments: